[Xquartz-dev] crazy behavior in kmail

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sun Mar 28 10:52:57 PDT 2010

Based on the timing and similarities reported (dp reported that the mouse pointer remained a text-here pointer, and the placement under the menu bar could be because the WM doesn't realize the menu bar is in that location), I think these are likely the same underlying issue.

It seems that X11 is somehow getting the incorrect mouse pointer location.  Can you test out xeyes?  I'm curious how that reacts.  My hunch is that it will look at the location where kmail thinks the pointer is rather than where the pointer is.

Chris, how are you building kmail?  Can you send me a tarball of it and its dependencies?