[Xquartz-dev] x11 pymol vs GT 120

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Thu May 6 16:08:30 PDT 2010

  I just got a new MacPro dual quad this week and am
finding with the stock X11 in 10.6.2 that the fink
pymol 1.2r2 produces strobing in the Pymol viewer
window. This seems to happen regardless of what
setting I use for the stereo mode. Is anyone else
seeing this issue with the OpenGL drivers for the
Nvidia GT120 card? FYI, I added a MacPorts pymol
1.2 package last year so it is readily available for
testing. I am reluctant to install Xorg 2.5.0 on
this machine because the fink developers aren't
testing or supporting building against that configuration
on Snow Leopard. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
            Jack