[Xquartz-dev] 2.5.1_beta5

Brian Bender zt4q4o402 at sneakemail.com
Fri May 14 06:49:51 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 1:43 AM, Jeremy Huddleston
jeremyhu-at-apple.com |Xquartz-dev/Allow to me|
<xkwek04oxk0t at sneakemail.com> wrote:
> 2.5.1_beta5 has a fixed libxcb (with the patches actually applied this build).

Hi Jeremy,

I've got the "Focus On New Windows" option disabled, but new X windows
are still being created on top of other Applications. The application
focus isn't changing to XQuartz like it does when that option is
checked, just the windows are being created above the current
application's windows. Example: cover the display with a Terminal
window, launch any X app from Terminal.

Also, the bug is back where cmd-tabbing back to XQuartz doesn't bring
its windows to the front, _only_if_ the Spaces option "When switching
to an application, switch to a space with open windows for the
application" is cleared. That was fixed before, at least for a while.

This is my first 2.5.1_beta look; I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case
in 2.5.0, but I'm not positive (haven't been using it as much,
recently). Is it safe to just downgrade back to 2.5.0 with its
installer to verify?

Thanks,

 - Brian