[Xquartz-dev] Quartz-wm issue

Platon Fomichev pfomichev at elverils.com
Thu Nov 25 07:22:02 PST 2010

Dear XQartz team

We've started actively coding some Wine extensions and looks like there are serious issues with window z-order positioning for child/parent in quartz-wm window manager. After switching window manager to fluxbox or any other (except twm) everything is working by the book, but in quartz-wm our Windows app in Wine is behaving plainly wrong. It works correctly in Linux (fluxbox) and under fluxbox in OS X. I decided to fix quartz-wm for good :) but looks like it's sources are closed - what to do in this case?

Best regards,
Platon Fomichev