[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.6.0_alpha2

Pelle Johansson pelle at morth.org
Sat Sep 11 02:46:52 PDT 2010

23 aug 2010 kl. 20.11 skrev Jeremy Huddleston:

> On Aug 23, 2010, at 00:08, Pelle Johansson wrote:
>
>> I've had some inconsistencies with RandR in this version. Usually after a game switches to fullscreen (same as xrandr -s 1) when I press cmd-opt-a the windows will be visible on the rootless window, but once in a while they will not be. In the former case I can not press cmd-opt-a again to return to fullscreen, but in the latter case I can.
>
> If you cmd-opt-a out of a "real" RandR mode, you will return to your default mode (rootless or legacy fullscreen).  If legacy fullscreen is your default mode, you will be presented with the OS X Desktop.
>
> If you cmd-opt-a out of the legacy fullscreen mode, you will just be presented with the OS X Desktop.
>
> It sounds like in one case your game is choosing the legacy mode and in others it is choosing a real mode... I better adjectives.

Right, I understand how it works now, but it is a little bit weird that it acts differently depending on if a game chose my native resolution or not. Cmd-h acts more consistently though, I guess that's what I should be using if I want to temporarily switch out to read mail etc.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy...
--
Pelle Johansson