[Xquartz-dev] quartz-wm goes crazy on macbook air

Christof Wolf ch.wolf at hfph.mwn.de
Thu Apr 7 03:32:06 PDT 2011

Hi Jeremy,

I am on 2.6.1, xorg-server 1.9.5 and 10.6.7 - most of the time everything is
normal, except just now quartz-wm went crazy - taking all cpu time - I had to
kill it - no message on the console, not sure if the sample helps. It happens
just once :-)

ciao
christof

Sampling process 842 for 3 seconds with 1 millisecond of run time between
samples
Sampling completed, processing symbols...
Analysis of sampling quartz-wm (pid 842) every 1 millisecond
Call graph:
    2313 Thread_8344   DispatchQueue_1: com.apple.main-thread  (serial)
      2313 start
        2313 main
          2313 CFRunLoopRun
            2313 CFRunLoopRunSpecific
              2313 __CFRunLoopRun
                2313 __CFRunLoopDoSources0
                  2313 __CFSocketPerformV0
                    2313 __CFSocketDoCallback
                      2313 x_input_run
                        2313 XPending
                          2313 _XEventsQueued
                            2313 _XIOError
                              2313 x_init_error_handler
                                2313 exit
                                  2313 __cxa_finalize
                                    2313 dyld::runTerminators(void*)
                                      2313
ImageLoaderMachO::doTermination(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&)
                                        2313
__KerberosInternal_krb5int_mutex_alloc
                                          2313 0x7fff5fbfd290
                                            2313 _sigtramp
                                              2313 signal_handler
                                                2313 exit
                                                  2313 __cxa_finalize
                                                    2313 __tcf_0
                                                      2313 __spin_lock
    2313 Thread_8345   DispatchQueue_2: com.apple.libdispatch-manager
(serial)
      2313 start_wqthread
        2313 _pthread_wqthread
          2313 _dispatch_worker_thread2
            2313 _dispatch_queue_invoke
              2313 _dispatch_mgr_invoke
                2313 kevent
    2313 Thread_8347: com.apple.CFSocket.private
      2313 thread_start
        2313 _pthread_start
          2313 __CFSocketManager
            2313 select$DARWIN_EXTSN
    2313 Thread_19389
      2313 start_wqthread
        2313 __spin_lock

Total number in stack (recursive counted multiple, when >=5):

Sort by top of stack, same collapsed (when >= 5):
        __spin_lock        4626
        kevent        2313
        select$DARWIN_EXTSN        2313
Sample analysis of process 842 written to file /dev/stdout

--
public key www.hfph.mwn.de/~chwolf/ch.wolf.asc

Please respect my privacy and do not make my contact information
available to third parties.

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.