[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz and Lion

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Fri Feb 25 17:47:44 PST 2011

The first seed of Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) was released to developers this week.  If you have access to it, I encourage you to test it out.  It's my expectation that XQuartz (the "Snow Leopard "version) will work on Lion, so please lend a hand if you're able.  In reporting any issues you come across, it will be helpful to know if they appear in just one of the versions or both of them, so throw XQuartz.app and X11.app into your dock to make switching easier (which I'm sure some of you do in SL already).

I just want to remind you that discussion of Lion specifics should be kept off the list.  Please feel free to email me directly regarding X11 issues you are seeing in Lion, or you can file bugs at http://bugreport.apple.com

Thanks for your help,
Jeremy