[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.6.0 (xorg-server 1.9.2.901) and X authority

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jan 27 15:42:13 PST 2011

Am 27.01.2011 um 23:58 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

> Your emacs is mixing X11 libraries from both XQuartz (/usr/X11) and
> MacPorts (/opt/local).  On top of that, you've got a bunch of
> libraries from Fink (/sw) and your own homebrew ones (/usr/local).
> I'd recommend trying to build emacs with a single set of X11
> libraries.  Use either MacPorts or XQaurtz for the libraries, not
> both.

Maybe I chose a bad example! This GNU Emacs build is one that uses
ImageMagick to display graphics in its buffers. It ran fine before! I
also had my newest build from two or three days ago, which was not
using any Fink libraries, only libotf and libm17n which I had compiled
myself and installed in /usr/local/lib because these both are
completely out-of-date in Fink and MacPorts. I configured them to use
only libraries form MacPorts and X11. And it's not easy to make use of
these homebrew software. Sometimes configure finds them and ld not
when in compilation stage. Which can also be due to changes happening
in the evolving GNU Emacs 24.0.50 software. The worst that happened
where crashes and core dumps.

I started a new compilation. It would finish in an hour or two which
means next morning for me...

--
Greetings

   Pete