[Xquartz-dev] Problems with XQuartz 2.6.0 (xorg-server 1.9.3)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jan 31 10:50:15 PST 2011

I ran env in uxterm's in X11.app and in MacPorts' XQuartz. Clearly the
latter does not read ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist or does not pass the
so built environment to children processes. The uxterm has none of the
environment settings set. It even has:

	LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
	XTERM_LOCALE=en_US.UTF-8

which does not reflect what I have set in System Preferences. It also
sets PWD and cwd to /, while in X11.app it's value is my home
directory. With MacPorts I have SHLVL=3, in X11.app I have SHLVL=5.

The uxterm in MacPorts has X11_PREFS_DOMAIN=org.macports.X11, in
X11.app it's X11_PREFS_DOMAIN=org.x.X11 – a few things do work.

--
Greetings

   Pete

				– Mark Twain