[Xquartz-dev] Strange Xlib error with e17

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Mar 10 01:54:25 PST 2011

Am 10.03.2011 um 03:01 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

> Yeah, so I don't know why it's pulling in libs from /usr/X11/lib
> because it should find everything in /opt/X11/lib ... I'd need to
> see the build log for the application to tell you, but my guess is
> that it's something in e17's build system that is prefering /usr/X11

I've seen similar effects when building GNU Emacsen. Although I can
see from the CFLAGS' -H and the LDFLAGS' -Wl,-t that during
compilation no "foreign" C header file is used and at linking time the
proper libraries are used, the final binary is able to use at run time
other libraries. This happens on Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5.8). My case
concerns up-to-date libotf and libm17n. Out-of-date versions of libotf
are usually loaded into memory by "stable" versions of GNU Emacs and /
they/ seem to get re-used.

I'd wish I could, as in Solaris for example, record the places where
to find the shared libraries, instead of fishing for the right one in
a muddy pool.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
				– Elbert Hubbard