[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.6.1

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu Mar 17 19:39:30 PDT 2011

I'm pleased to announce the release of XQuartz-2.6.1.  This version pulls in bug fixes for both server and client side issues including RandR crashes, incorrect color profiles (xterms appearing the wrong color), and deadlocks in Xlib with the new xcb transport.  libX11 also got a bunch of code cleanup courtesy of some static analysis tools, so we should see some memory leaks disappear and hopefully be more stable in general.

Full release notes can be found on the wiki here:
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/X112.6.1

You can download and install using the links below or just check for updates from within X11.

As a reminder, this is the last planned release for Leopard.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Leopard: http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/Leopard/X11-2.6.1.dmg
SL: http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.6.1.dmg