[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.6.1_rc1

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Mar 21 17:06:42 PDT 2011

> For download available are these early packages:
>
> 	• X11-2.1.0.1.pkg
> 	• X11-2.1.2.pkg
> 	• X11-2.1.3.pkg
> 	• X11-2.1.4.pkg

Those you don't want.  Those are installs that go over the original 2.0.0 from Apple and are not full releases.  They won't work with your install DVD.

> How to start testing? By removing /usr/X11?

I would remove X11 from your system then just install 2.2.0 to see if the problem is present in 2.2.x

1) sudo rm -rf /usr/X11* /Applications/Utilities/X11.app /System/LuanchAgents/org.*.startx.plist
2) Install 2.2.0
3) Logout

then 2.2.1, 2.2.2, ... until the font issue starts.  Then we'll know when it was introduced.

If the problem is present in 2.2.0, there's not really anything you can do to help narrow it down further, so I'd suggest installing X11_Legacy for your use (install 2.6.1, backup quartz-wm and libXplugin, delete the /usr/X11R6 symlink and System/LuanchAgents/org.*.startx.plist, then install X11_Legacy.pkg, then restore quartz-wm and libXplugin)