[Xquartz-dev] env variables and launchd problem

robert delius royar x11 at frinabulax.org
Wed Mar 23 13:44:33 PDT 2011

Wed, 23 Mar 2011 (13:04 -0700 UTC) Dave Ray wrote:

> To reiterate, I am starting up X11 with only an xterm and no window
> manager. I am typing 'env' in that xterm. This where I'm seeing ENV
> being different from terminals opened normally. This is the only way I
> can capture the difference in what env is being passed to X11 versus
> other shells at the terminal.

What if you add the following to the X11 Applications menu:
  Name: Environment
  Command: /usr/bin/env > /tmp/xenv
and select the command 'Environment' from the menu?

What do the contents show in /tmp/xenv? Wouldn't that give you the
environment that the xserver uses (rather than any environment created
for an xterm child process)?

--
  rdr