[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.6.1_rc1

Dave Ray apple at jonive.com
Wed Mar 23 17:27:04 PDT 2011

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> The final release has a strange habit: it launches an extra xterm! How
> can I stop it doing so?...

I'm not sure if this is related to your extra xterm. I noticed in 2.6.1_final seems to reset my plist, it reverted to the default which opens an xterm from launchd. I followed instructions in the user FAQ to make it go away: http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/X11-UsersFAQ.

You can check if that's whats causing it with:  defaults read org.macosforge.xquartz.X11

If needed, you can turn it off with:  defaults write org.macosforge.xquartz.X11 app_to_run /usr/bin/true

You may have already looked at this, just a thought.

Dave