[Xquartz-dev] xquartz problem with ros

John Muccigrosso john at muccigrosso.org
Fri Mar 25 18:05:04 PDT 2011

On 25 Mar 2011, at 20:46 , Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> The install instructions on the site are wrong vor various reasons:
>  1) They want to use MP's python, but they have you execute easy_install from /usr/bin... they should have you execute easy_install-2.6
>  2) The install-path for rosinstall is not in $PATH ... though this is probably a MP bug
>  3) The install fails:
>
> Give me trivial install instructions (that I can copy-paste while in a temp directory, or a tarball, ...), and I'll try it again.

Jeremy,

I used the instructions here for installation of their latest version, Diamondback (turtle theme) on OS X:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/diamondback/Installation/OSX

Well, I should say that I used the older version of these instructions. It's been updated a bit. I did the full-install option.

Assuming that goes well, you may need to install the perception_pcl stack on its own (I don't remember whether it's part of the base install):

http://www.ros.org/wiki/perception_pcl

IIRC, there are various possible little things that may crop up along the way, so you may not find it worth your while if that happens. (There's a problem with flann in particular, but it's easily fixed, if they haven't updated the version.)

I appreciate the help.

John