[Xquartz-dev] X11 windows drag bar missing with Xquartz 2.6.2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon May 9 18:43:31 PDT 2011

On May 9, 2011, at 14:25, Christof Wolf wrote:

> On Monday 09 May 2011, xquartz-dev-request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:
>> 1) Are you really using /opt/X11/bin/quartz-wm and not
>> /usr/X11/bin/quartz-wm?  I saw those kCGErrorIllegalArgument go away in my
>> tests.  If you are using the latest quartz-wm, please file a bug about the
>> kCGErrorIllegalArgument, so I can look into it.

> if I check quarz-wm in the activity monitor it gives me:
> /opt/X11/bin/quartz-wm
> I guess I shall file a bug report right?

Yes, please do.

>> 2) Do the titlebars come back when you leave fullscreen?
>
> not sure if I understand, if the title bar is gone, I cannot go back to the
> resized window, I can't even grab the right corner on the bottom.

Right.  That is what it means to be fullscreen.  If you leave fullscreen, you will once again get decorations (including the resize grab widget).

> If it helps
> I can provide some screenshots :-) it seems, that if kmail does not start as
> full screen window, that weird behavior occurs.
>
> www.loyolaproductions.com/munich/window_000.jpg
>
> www.loyolaproductions.com/munich/window_001.jpg

What hints are kmail providing to quartz-wm?  Can you please run:

xwininfo -all

Then click on the window.  I just tested firefox, and it behaves correctly under normal usage (starting windowed and entering/leaving fullscreen).

I do see something odd when it starts in fullscreen mode, so perhaps those are the same issues.  Please file a bug report.