[Xquartz-dev] X11 windows drag bar missing with Xquartz 2.6.2

Ken Thomases ken at codeweavers.com
Thu May 12 10:24:27 PDT 2011

Hi Jeremy,

On May 11, 2011, at 10:08 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> Can you give this quartz-wm build a try?  Decompress it and save it to /opt/X11/bin/quartz-wm
>
> http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/testing/quartz-wm-better_placement.bz2

For me this doesn't work because of the dependency on a newer version of libpixman (compatibility version 22.0.0 vs. 21.0.0).

Bob, can you make sure XQuartz is actually using this new quartz-wm?  For me, I accidentally failed to set the permissions on the new one, and that caused XQuartz to fall back to /usr/bin/quartz-wm.  So, the apparent fix may have been due to reverting instead of using the new one.

Regards,
Ken