[Xquartz-dev] X11 windows drag bar missing with Xquartz 2.6.2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu May 12 13:14:54 PDT 2011

On May 12, 2011, at 12:37 PM, Christof Wolf wrote:

> On Thursday 12 May 2011, you wrote:
>> Ack.  Sorry about that.  Here's the new pixman:
>
> Jeremy,
>
> it works for me! thanks, shall I still file a bug report? I was quite busy -
> thus I didn't do it :-)

Nah, that's ok.  Do file a bug report for the CG errors that you were seeing (I'm assuming you're still seeing them).

> now another strange behavior occurs. If I start kmail full screen, it has the
> areas white, where it was not in full screen, if I zoom it down it go back to
> full screen, from that on it goes normal. Any idea?

Hmm... perhaps it's not getting (or not responding to) a ConfigureNotify. Do you see any messages from quartz-wm about BadWindow in your logs?  Such messages should be printed even if DEBUG is not set, so they should show up in /var/log/system.log (or your quartz-wm log if you followed the steps that I just wrote to x11-users).

If you enable debug logging of quartz-wm, you should see lines containing "send_configure" in your log which are printed just before quartz-wm sends a ConfigureNotify event for your window.  Looking at the code, this method is called right after mapping XMapWindow and XChangeProperty (_NET_WM_STATE = NormalState), so I don't see how we could possibly NOT be sending it.

Are you able to see if this bug occurs under other WMs? (kwm and metacity would be good candidates to test)

In any event, I'm curious what the quartz-wm debug log will show when you start kmail like that.