[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.7.0_beta2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Sep 26 00:34:08 PDT 2011

You shouldn't need to move them.  The one in /Library should take precedence over the one in /System/Library.

Instead of messing with the files on your FS, you should just use launchctl to disable that LaunchAgent:
launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchAgents/org.x.startx.plist

I'm curious why your $DISPLAY still has the setting from the other LaunchAgent ... anything helpful you can provide would be welcome, but it doesn't seem to be a problem here =/