[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.7.0_beta2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Sep 27 00:05:53 PDT 2011

On Sep 26, 2011, at 11:20 PM, Louis Zulli wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2011, at 12:25 AM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>
>> So that looks like you haven't done a:
>> launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/org.x.startx.plist
>>
>> Do that, then reboot (logout should be fine, but meh) ... I'm still curious why you're seeing that rather than the MacOSForge one... any ideas?
>
> I just reinstalled the beta2. Here's what I see
>
> -rw-rw-r--  1 root  admin  654 Sep 24 16:10 org.macosforge.xquartz.startx.plist
>
> Does a Lion security feature prevent launch due to ownership/permissions issue?

No.  Read up on launchd for more info.  Did you accidentally disable it instead of org.x earlier?  I remember you also moved it into /System/Library/LaunchAgents.  I would do:

1) delete the one in /System/...
2) reinstall
3) reboot
4) if it still isn't working, use launchctl to load -w it.

--Jeremy

---
Jeremy Huddleston

Rebuild Sudan
 - Board of Directors
 - http://www.rebuildsudan.org

Berkeley Foundation for Opportunities in Information Technology
 - Advisory Board
 - http://www.bfoit.org