[Xquartz-dev] Mouse focus issue...

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Sep 27 18:34:34 PDT 2011

On Sep 27, 2011, at 17:31, doh123 wrote:

> quartz-wm is usually always the wm.. when its not, there is no wm, but that is not common.  All my tests are with quartz-wm, and it doesn't work.
>
> I did narrow it down a bit more… I really hate trying to do bisects… but if I have to I'll eventually do it.  Mainly because I cannot ever get xorg-server to build right so I use Macports with a local repo… so I'd have to edit a portfile for each bisect that way.

Why are you not able to get it to build right for you?  That's surely something we can solve.  Take a look at:

http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/browser/trunk/compile-xserver.sh

> If the Wine program is set to not allow the window manager to decorate/control the Windows, this problem is happening.  If I have quartz-wm actually working instead of just loaded… the problem does not seem to be happening.  I'd love to leave it on all the time, but quartz-wm always crashes every program going from Windows to fullscreen mode,

really?  how so?  do you have crash reports?  What's going on?  It seems to work for me here with quake 2.

> so its abilities have to be turned off so the programs even work.   I wonder how the 1.9 branch brings everything to the front and works right without quartz-wm, yet 1.11.1 requires it… I might never figure it out if I don't take the time to do a bisect, but I've found many other issues affecting me without doing so, but in those I had a clue where to start looking, and the only place I know of with some Mouse handling code is in darwin.c, and it does have some major changes since the 1.9 branch.

Please at least try 1.10.0 and 1.10.4.