[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.7.2_rc1

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Fri Apr 27 18:39:34 PDT 2012

Please open a new ticket to track this.  Can you provide me with steps I can take to reproduce the issue?

That "assertion failed: s != NULL" means either the surface id given to xp_destroy_surface was invalid, or this was a double-free.  My guess is that this is the latter, resulting from a timing issue exposed by Jonas' use-after-free fixes:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?h=8.0&id=6095a17534c2694760300701fee59a320950f271

A proper fix would involve rewriting all the complicated locking logic, but here's an ugly hack that I'd like you to try: