[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz-2.7.1_rc2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sun Jan 29 11:23:15 PST 2012

On Jan 29, 2012, at 09:25, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> writes:
>> I just uploaded XQuartz-2.7.1_rc2 to the servers for download.
>
> In light usage I've seen it crash twice since downloading it (all
> windows suddenly close, xquartz isn't running anymore according to the
> dock).  No such problem observed with rc1, or indeed any previous
> release.  The case just now seemed to be triggered by hitting command-3
> to open a previously-minimized window, but AFAIR that was not what I
> was doing the first time.
>
> How would I go about gathering info for a useful bug report?  I see
> nothing in the system log for instance.

Please open a new bug report with the following attached:
/var/log/system.log
~/Library/Log/org.macosforge.xquartz.X11.log
~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/X11*
~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/quartz-wm*

Did a crash report appear on your screen?  If not, it's possible that quartz-wm crashed rather than X11 itself (you should see a quartz-wm crash report in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ if that was the case).