[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.7.2_rc2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed May 9 20:37:47 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I've released XQuartz 2.7.2_rc2.  The main reason for this release is to address package signing.  2.7.2_rc1 (and I believe the beta that preceded it) were signed in a way that some users were unable to install the package without first installing the appropriate intermediate root CA into their system keychain.  With this release, I changed how the package was signed to bundle the intermediate with the package, so that should alleviate such issues.  If you have difficulty installing this package, please let me know.

Other than that, there aren't many changes since rc1.  I pulled in an updated version of libXi and some additional mesa patches for better logging and what I hope may be a fix for the GLX regression reportedly happening with Oblivion running in wine (http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/575).

If you see any issues, please bring them to my attention.  I think this is very close to what the final 2.7.2 will be.

Thanks,
Jeremy

http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/X112.7.2