[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.7.2_rc2

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun May 13 14:40:57 PDT 2012

Am 13.05.2012 um 23:14 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

>> Yes, I have. IS it working only in one X server?
>
> No.  Both use it, but it can override that preference.

This overriding should then produce the same effect in both servers, because ~/.Xmodmap has since years:

	clear Mod1
	keycode 66 = Mode_switch

In XQuartz 2.7.2_rc2 I have to *activate* "Option keys send Alt_L and Alt_R" in order to have Alt-7 (Shift-7 is / on my German keyboard) produce | (and to have Alt-Shift-7 produce \).

In XQuartz 2.7.2 from MacPorts I have to *deactivate* "Option keys send Alt_L and Alt_R" in order to have Alt-7 produce | (and to have Alt-Shift-7 produce \).

I need to have contradicting settings with both identical documentation/explanation to have the same effect. Something must be wrong – and I presume my Mac is a piece of hardware and not something living. Which would explain the effect.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Encryption, n.:
	A powerful algorithmic encoding technique employed in the creation of computer manuals.