[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.7.2_rc2

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun May 13 16:45:25 PDT 2012

Am 14.05.2012 um 01:09 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

> Ok, so the issue is resolved?  Can you give more specifics to cure my curiosity?

I just had to deactivate a few times that option to make it find its way reliably into the PLIST file. I think there was some interaction with that sticky active state and the disappearing cursor. Reenabling ~/.Xmodmap does not change anything, so it must have been an effect in the X server itself. And the cursor has no tendency to disappear again...

I edited some X11 related PLIST files with Xcode's Plist editor to make menu entries equal...

>> XQuartz 2.7.2_rc2 seems to produce a font path setting with the elements /opt/X11/share/fonts/OTF, /Library/Fonts, /System/Library/Fonts not ending with a slash and one element, "built-ins", that causes this report in Console:
>>
>> 	May 14 00:19:19 sumac org.macosforge.xquartz.startx[11811]: xset:  bad font path element (#17), possible causes are:
>> 	May 14 00:19:19 sumac org.macosforge.xquartz.startx[11811]:     Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
>> 	May 14 00:19:19 sumac org.macosforge.xquartz.startx[11811]:     Directory missing fonts.dir
>> 	May 14 00:19:19 sumac org.macosforge.xquartz.startx[11811]:     Incorrect font server address or syntax
>
> Which is element 17 in the list?

It's that "built-ins" element.

> Is that directory missing a fonts.dir?

No, it's just an obviously unrelated name like "built-ins".

--
Greetings

  Pete

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.
				– Douglas Adams