[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.7.2_rc2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon May 14 19:08:16 PDT 2012

On May 14, 2012, at 2:53 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:

> Am 14.05.2012 um 20:41 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:
>
>> Please move aside your ~/.xinitrc and use the system default.
>
> Now I get:

<snip>

>> Reproduce the issue using that sanitized environment.
>
> This seems to fail. When I also mv ~/.xinitrc.d out of the way this message vanishes.

I assumed you didn't have a ~/.xinitrc.d since you had a ~/.xinitrc (which would mean ~/.xinitrc.d wouldn't be used...), so yeah ... move both out of the way to sanitize your environment...

>> Tell me what xset commands to execute to cause the error message.
>
> It might help to have more than one version of xset:
>
> 	-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 88544 10. Mai 04:54 /opt/X11/bin/xset
> 	-rwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 38200 20. Apr 21:01 /opt/local/bin/xset
> 	-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 88624 17. Dez 2009  /usr/X11/bin/xset

That is irrelevant.  They are all the same.

With your sanitized environment (no ~/.xinitrc, no ~/.xinitrc.d), the issue doesn't occur, so obviously it's something about your custom xinitrc that is causing the issue.  You need to figure out what xset commands you are running in your xinitrc and come up with a reduced test case.  That will help you figure out the problem.