[Xquartz-dev] Contents of Xquartz-dev digest: question Quartz-WM options

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu Oct 4 19:23:02 PDT 2012

Some documentation:
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/DeveloperInfo

The protocol spec:
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/applewmproto

The extension library:
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libAppleWM

Install autoconf, automake, glibtool, pkg-config, and XQuartz.  Then from the checked out sources:
autoreconf -fvi && ./configure --prefix=/opt/X11 && make && sudo make install

You may need to set ACLOCAL and PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variables.

You can get the dependencies from MacPorts or just build them yourself.