[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz no longer working after Mountain Lion Upgrade

Melissa Lancaster missy.lancaster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 09:47:45 PDT 2012

Hi,
After my computer installed new updates, my XQuartz no longer works. I
uninstalled and reinstalled but this did not help.

I am using Mac OS X 10.8.2.

When trying to open XQuartz, I get the following error:

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /opt/X11/*/libfreetype.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/X11/*/libXfont.1.dylib
  Reason: Incompatible library version: libXfont.1.dylib requires version
15.0.0 or later, but libfreetype.6.dylib provides version 13.0.0

Thanks,
Missy