[Xquartz-dev] Problem with redirection running wish script from Xquartz Menu

Daniel Cote dwcote at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 09:43:50 PDT 2012

It works fine from the command line in an xterm window. It also works on Fedora Linux. Where it doesn't work is from the Xquarz menu. The tcl script simply puts up a window with a prompt and an entry widget where you type in an answer and allows you to repond and then it takes that response and writes it to stdout. The backquotes around the command cause redirection of stdout to the variable YEAR.

186,000 MPS isn't just a good idea, It's the law.

Daniel W. Cote

Email: dwcote at yahoo.com