[Xquartz-dev] Problems with xorg-server-devel @1.17.0_0 and xorg-server-devel @1.17.1_0 on PPC Mac OS X 10.5.8, Leopard

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Feb 16 12:16:16 PST 2015

> On Feb 16, 2015, at 11:35, Ken Thomases <ken at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>
> On Feb 16, 2015, at 11:49 AM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <jeremyhu at apple.com> wrote:

>>> Yes. What is the procedure or algorithm then to perform tests? Is it, as I imagined, to leave away this or that or another patch file from the build process or is it something different? Because I already built, installed, and used these packages. And they both were not working correctly. So it's obviously not proper to built them as they are. A second, or third, or fourth time. Something has to be modified, has to be performed differently. What? Or how?
>>>
>>> Another possibility that comes to my mind is to use modified patch files, freed off the patches applied to them when they were upgraded.
>>
>> No, it's not at all likely to be one of the patches given that the set of patches didn't change between the versions that introduced the problem.
>>
>> Please install 1.16.99.1_3 and tell me if it has the problem you are seeing.  Then install 1.16.99.901_0 and tell me if it has the problem you are seeing.
>
> Actually, I have to apologize to Peter.  I had thought your links went to ready-made builds, but they don't.  So, the question is how do you expect him to install those versions.
>
> Are you suggesting, using MacPorts and doing:
>
> sudo port install xorg-server-devel @1.16.99.1_3

Peter, you'll need to use 'svn update -r' to choose the revision to test.  For example:

~/src/macports/dports/x11/xorg-server-devel $ svn update -r 132696
Updating '.':
U    files/5002-Use-old-miTrapezoids-and-miTriangles-routines.patch
U    files/5003-fb-Revert-fb-changes-that-broke-XQuartz.patch
U    files/5004-fb-Revert-fb-changes-that-broke-XQuartz.patch
U    files/5000-sdksyms.sh-Use-CPPFLAGS-not-CFLAGS.patch
U    files/5001-Workaround-the-GC-clipping-problem-in-miPaintWindow-.patch
U    Portfile
Updated to revision 132696.