[Xquartz-dev] Announcing xquartz.org, our new home on GitHub

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Sun Nov 1 14:56:51 PST 2015

Hello everyone,

Over the past few weeks, I've been spending some time transitioning the XQuartz Project over to new providers for some of our infrastructure.  MacOSForge has been a great home for us for the past 8 years, but I think that the new providers will be better suited for us going forward.

Our website is now hosted by GitHub at a new URL (http://www.xquartz.org).  The website has also been redesigned, extending the landing page that Kyle McKay made for us two years ago.  Now, we have a consistent experience for both the landing page and the site's primary content.  Additionally, it is now very easy for others to contribute to the website (improving both content and design), just by sending us a pull request at GitHub!  The website is mostly done at this point.  The only data left to be migrated are the release note pages.

For bug tracking, we're now using Freedesktop.org's Bugzilla.  Bugzilla is much more flexible and feature rich.  It will allow us to track dependencies and duplicates, and we can easily move incoming tickets to appropriate upstream components since most of the packages we ship use the freedesktop.org bugzilla for their tracking.  If you have any bugs you care about in trac, please visit them for instructions on migrating them over to bugzilla.

We'll continue to use MacOSForge for our mailing list and file hosting for the forseeable future.  Additionally, the trac site should remain available for reference purposes, but please do migrate tickets over to bugzilla as soon as is convenient.

Thanks,
Jeremy

http://www.xquartz.org