[Xquartz-dev] Mac OS X 10.11.4

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Sat Mar 26 23:38:11 PDT 2016

> On Mar 26, 2016, at 22:28, jrgamber at gmail.com wrote:
>
> You miss the point when you say remote machine is NOT configured correctly, I want a remote machine that is known and tested.  If you do not know of such a machine do not reply to this emaii.

That is not an appropriate tone to take with people who are trying to help you out.  Your emails are full of misconceptions and we're trying to point you in the right direction.

> Also, as i have lots of money, will someone provide me a bid to make thus work?

It's not a matter of money.  Most people on this list are more than willing to help you out at no cost.  We've provided you with the tools to solve the problem yourself.

You previously said:
> I am getting the error about the DISPLAY variable not set.

Thus the issue is that the remote system is either not configured correctly, or DISPLAY wasn't set correctly on the local system when you ssh'd out.

> When I set a DISPLAY variable, I get other typical Java errors, but my Java app aborts and no X window appears on my Mac.

What are you setting it to?  The lack of a DISPLAY envvar is a fairly strong indication that X11 forwarding is disabled and thus nothing you set DISPLAY to should be expected to work (unless you've specifically opened yourself up to insecure connections).