[Xquartz-dev] Handling ksh variants in XQuartz.app/Contents/MacOS/X11

Larry Hynes larry at larryhynes.com
Tue Oct 11 14:13:10 PDT 2016

Hello

I've recently been playing with mksh [1] and oksh [2], both of
which require tweaking of line 11 in the X11 script in
XQuartz.app/Contents/MacOS.

Changing the `case` statement on that line to

    oksh|mksh|ksh|sh|zsh)

is starting to look a little unwieldy, especially considering
that they're both derivatives of pdksh [3], which should
probably also get a mention; in fact pdksh should probably be
considered for inclusion before oksh, or even mksh for that
matter.

Which leads me to wonder whether ksh deserves a wildcard in the
case statement, although I'm not sure if that's an altogether
elegant, or prudent, solution either.

Thanks for all the good work on XQuartz.

[1] https://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm
[2] https://github.com/ibara/oksh
[3] http://www.cs.mun.ca/~michael/pdksh/