[Xquartz-dev] oops, rc2 moved the launchd_startx fiile (Re: XQuartz 2.7.10_rc2)

SciFi sci-fi at hush.ai
Sat Sep 17 00:11:39 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Sun, 11 Sep 2016 03:46:27 -0700, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
> Yeah, that should work as a workaround.
>
> The real fix is to update the postinstall script to detect this situation and advise users to logout and log back in.
>
> --Jeremy

ah yes,
I have this app,
http://www.soma-zone.com/LaunchControl/ .
It does show the changed value for
'org.macosforge.xquartz.startx'.
But me not having logged-out/in
then apparently I was using the 'old in-core value' for this.
Is there a mechanism to update this "on the fly" as it were?

Anyway,
yes please insert some kind of wordage somehow
to explain this change
and how to properly pick it up
etc..

btw
I still have not signed-out/in during these days
since I need the iMac to do several scheduled tasks
(usually via 'cron', some via EyeTV.app, etc.)
 thru the 24-hour period.

fwiw
latest LaunchControl.app version still works for me,
since it's designed to run on SL
and this "iMac6,1" has a 64-bit CPU (Core2Duo)
(but its EFI/BIOS ROM is still 32-bit
 which is why I must be able to afford another [newer] model
 to do any 'upgrade' whatsoever,
 `sigh`).

So I need to re-iterate,
if it's possible for such values
to be altered
"dynamically"
in such way
that a sign-out/in is _not_ required
?
Please consider doing this if possible.

(as of 'now', I _did_ sign-out/in to pick-up the change[s])

TY