[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz focus loss

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Sun Jul 16 11:50:08 PDT 2017

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <jeremyhu at apple.com> writes:
> Can folks impacted by the X11 focus loss bug give this patch a try?  I believe it should work around the issue.

I'll work on trying that in a bit ... never built XQuartz from source
before.

> Also, I believe you can avoid the issue in shipping versions by using Dock or cmd-tab to change to XQuartz rather than clicking on an X11 window.

I do usually click on X11 windows to switch apps, but I experimented
with clicking on the XQuartz dock icon instead (in 10.12.5 + XQuartz
2.7.11).  Doesn't seem to change anything --- TMHelperAgent, for one,
still causes several momentary focus losses during each Time Machine
backup run.  It looks like they might be a bit shorter than usual,
but hard to say for sure.

			regards, tom lane