[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.8.0 status

nicolas bats sl1200mk2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 11:33:13 PST 2021

Hi Jeremy,
may I ask you what's the status of XQuartz 2.8.0?
the problem is that almost every user has received an announcement about
the 2.8.0 release and most of them have made the update.
But as I cannot start 2.8.0 on macOS 10.9 I cannot compile my app against
it, and so many users complain about my app that does not work anymore.
If downgrading to 2.7.11 was simple it wouldn't be an issue, but it isn't...

So can you (or others) teach me the right way to downgrade to 2.7.11?
Also, do you plan to update 2.8.0 soon?

best regards,
nicolas