[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.8.5_beta12

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Sat Dec 31 12:53:25 PST 2022

XQuartz 2.8.5_beta2 is available at https://www.xquartz.org/releases/XQuartz-2.8.5_beta2.html

This serves mainly as a release for possible future triage.  The primary difference between this and beta1 is that in beta1, COMPOSITE is disabled at build time.  With beta2, we now build XQuartz with COMPOSITE but disable it at runtime.  It *should* be functionally equivalent, but I wanted to have a release with just this change.  Beta3 should have a bit more changes, and if there is fallout, it will be useful to have this beta2 to rule out this change as a cause.

Thanks,
Jeremy