[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.8.2 beta1

Jeremy Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Sat Jun 18 11:12:23 PDT 2022

Hey folks, I shipped XQuartz-2.8.2_beta1 last week.  This update includes a number of fixes for some issues reported against 2.8.1, but most upstream components remained at the same versions as in 2.8.1.  The main goal of this release was to get feedback on whether #166 was fixed, and it seems to be!

    https://www.xquartz.org/releases/XQuartz-2.8.2_beta1.html

I plan on putting out a 2.8.2_beta2 update this weekend or early next week which pulls in some conservative version bumps and changes how we verify software updates from dsa to ed25519.  I plan at least one more update after that to verify that software updates using ed25519 are working in practice and not just on my local system.

Thanks,
Jeremy