[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.8.5_beta3

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed Jan 4 15:39:38 PST 2023

Hi folks,

I've just released XQuartz 2.8.5_beta3 which has quite a bit of change to our window resizing and pixmap management.  It addresses a few reported crashes and may address some others that have eluded us over the years.  I'd appreciate getting some feedback on this beta, especially if you use more complicated X11 applications or have a way of triggering odd crashes with certain workloads (especially ones with signatures in fbBlt(), miPaintWindow(), etc).

https://github.com/XQuartz/XQuartz/releases/tag/XQuartz-2.8.5_beta3

If you run into issues, please collect a sysdiagnose, logs from ~/Library/Logs/X11, and whatever information you can provide before moving back to 2.8.5_beta2.

Thanks!