[Xquartz-dev] 2.8.5_rc1

Jeremy Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed Jan 18 22:10:46 PST 2023

Hi folks,

I have just released XQuartz 2.8.5_rc1:

    https://www.xquartz.org/releases/XQuartz-2.8.5_rc1.html

X.org announced a few vulnerabilities in libXpm today, so I decided it would be prudent to release XQuartz 2.8.5 sooner rather than later.  All reported regressions from the rootless changes I was working on a few weeks ago have been addressed, but there could certainly be others hiding.  Please live on this update to provide feedback.  If you run into any regressions compared to 2.8.4, please identify which pre-release first introduced the issue as that will help narrow down the possible cause.

Thanks,
Jeremy