[CalendarServer-dev] Looking for help developing Java caldav server

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Mon Nov 19 20:30:57 PST 2007

Hi Andre-John,

--On November 19, 2007 1:48:34 PM -0500 Andre-John Mas <ajmas at sympatico.ca>
wrote:

> I am not sure whether this is the best place to ask, but I am looking for
> help in developing a Caldav server in Java. So far I have made a
> prototype based on the webdav servlet, that comes with Tomcat. At the
> moment trying to implement the correct responses for Propfind. The
> problem I have it that iCal 3 complains, even if my response seems to
> match that returned by iCalendar server.
>
> If anyone could help me work out what I am doing wrong, or point me to a
> better place to ask the question I would appreciate it.

You're probably better off posting to the caldav mailing list about this:

PS I implemented a CalDAV server with Tomcat/Slide back in 2004/2005.
Whilst that never saw the light of day I was using it at home for quite a
while until I replaced it with calendarserver.org. It was pretty easy to
add CalDAV support as Slide is a robust and complete implementation of
WebDAV (including ACLs).

--
Cyrus Daboo