[CalendarServer-dev] Bug related to Example 7.8.6 in the RFC

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Fri Apr 4 12:22:49 PDT 2008

Hi Michael,

--On April 4, 2008 8:58:12 PM +0200 Michael Rasmussen <mir at datanom.net>
wrote:

>> I have now tried the suggested solution but it does not seem to work.
>> I get a code 207 <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
>> <multistatus xmlns='DAV:'/>. An empty resultset. It appears to me that
>> ICalendar simply silently ignores the request to do text-match or in
>> some other way has a buggy search algorithm which always returns
>> empty. I this a wrong interpretation?
>>
> It gets spooky now. Changing to search for SUMMARY and using some
> fraction of the stored text as search term gave a response! Is doing
> text-match search on property UID prohibited or does ICalendar expect
> it in an undocumented way?

OK - your original UID query used a lowercase 'z' in the query string,
whereas the event you are matching against has an uppercase 'Z'. In the
case of UID, the UID value is actually indexed in an sqlite db and the
query for that is done via SQL. Apparently the sql query is case-sensitive
(which in the absence of collations is probably reasonable). Now in theory,
when matching UID values you really ought to use a case-sensitive match -
which is what you were originally trying to do with i;octet - so even if
collations were supported, your original query would still not have worked
because of the lowercase 'z'.

--
Cyrus Daboo