[CalendarServer-dev] Bug related to Example 7.8.6 in the RFC

Helge Heß me at helgehess.eu
Fri Apr 4 12:26:48 PDT 2008

On 04.04.2008, at 20:58, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> It gets spooky now. Changing to search for SUMMARY and using some
> fraction of the stored text as search term gave a response!

I think the relevant difference between SUMMARY and UID is that the
latter is in the SQlite cache, hence a search is turned into a SQL
query. Maybe something is fishy with that SQL query.

Might be worth to check the cache and see whether it actually contains
the UID you are looking for. You can find them in eg calendars/
__uids__/user01/.db.sqlite files, which in turn can be opened using
sqlite3, eg:
---snip---
helge at mbp$ sqlite3 calendars/__uids__/user01/calendar/.db.sqlite
SQLite version 3.5.7
Enter ".help" for instructions
sqlite> SELECT NAME, TYPE FROM RESOURCE WHERE UID = '476C9580-
E0B9-4CC4-9873-9791B1178D00';
476C9580-E0B9-4CC4-9873-9791B1178D00.ics|VEVENT
---snap---

Greets,
   Helge
--