[CalendarServer-dev] LOCK: What is supported?

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Mon Apr 7 12:45:26 PDT 2008

Hi Michael,

--On April 7, 2008 9:38:30 PM +0200 Michael Rasmussen <mir at datanom.net>
wrote:

> I small question. ICalender server announces support for LOCK and
> UNLOCK but requesting even a simple lock like this:
> <?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\" ?>
> <D:lockinfo xmlns:D=\"DAV:\">
>   <D:lockscope><D:exclusive/></D:lockscope>
>   <D:locktype><D:write/></D:locktype>
> </D:lockinfo>
>
> Gives this response:
>    <head>
>       <title>501 Not Implemented</title>
>    </head>
>       <h1>Not Implemented</h1>
>       Some functionality requested is not implemented on this server.
>
> Anything wrong with the lock request?

No. We are being naughty in advertising support for LOCK when we don't
actually implement it. I think that was done because there was some dav
client that would not work properly without LOCK being advertised even
though it did not use LOCK.

We do have a ticket open to support LOCK. However, its not a big priority
item as it does not seem like many clients to date have tried to make use
of it (though of course that could be because its not supported - however
I've not heard from client developers who expressed an interest in wanting
it).

--
Cyrus Daboo