[CalendarServer-dev] Write Locks and Unmapped URLs

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Mon Apr 7 12:54:38 PDT 2008

Hi again,

According to RFC4918 (June 2007) Adding a calendar resource could cause
a lost-update so clients are advised to use on of the following scheme:
1) If lock is supported request a lock on and Unmapped URL
2) If lock is not supported use the header If-None-Match (RFC2616)

As I see it using If-None-Match header is more flexible and requires
less from both client and server. My question is then: Are there any
added benefit from using a Lock on and Unmapped URL if the server
supports locking or should I use If-None-Match header anyway?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E80917
Use uniform input formats.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)