[CalendarServer-dev] Differences between CalendarServer and iCal Server DTD

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Tue Jan 29 08:58:43 PST 2008

Hi Pascal,

--On January 29, 2008 11:50:52 AM -0500 Pascal Robert <probert at os.ca> wrote:

> I'm building a WebObjects framework to talk to CalDAV and I see that both
> Calendar Server and iCal Server have a XML Namespace for extensions.  I
> found the DTD for Calendar Server here:
>
> http://trac.calendarserver.org/projects/calendarserver/browser/CalendarSe
> rver/trunk/twistedcaldav/customxml.py
>
> But iCal Server is using a different namespace and I can't find it :-(  I
> would like to compare the two set of attributes to find differences
> between them (I know that the iCal one have a "calendar-color" attribute
> that Calendar Server doesn't have).

The code at calendarserver.org is the same code used in OS X's iCalServer -
so the namespaces are the same for all server-based properties and features.

"calendar-color" is a property being stored by the client (it has no
special meaning or behavior on the server). As such, client defined
properties can have whatever namespace is appropriate. The iCal client
folks choose to use their own namespace.

--
Cyrus Daboo