[CalendarServer-dev] Interest query for extended PyKerberos implementation

Tom Cocagne tom.cocagne at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 12:12:11 PST 2008

    Greetings all. I've recently been working on Python wrapper for Kerberos
that's similar to PyKerberos but has a somewhat different focus. The main
differences are that it's based on ctypes and that it supports both the
GSSAPI and Microsoft's SSPI.

    I've been considering throwing the code up on Sourceforge but thought
I'd check with this list first to see if the PyKerberos team has any
interest in collaborating on an external, "standard" module. Given the vast
number of Kerberized networks in existence today, it seems rather absurd to
me that Python doesn't yet have a standard module to support the protocol.

   Cheers,

   Tom Cocagne