[CalendarServer-dev] [CalendarServer] #306: Conflict in custom Twisted branches/dav-acl-1608-4 prevents CalendarServer from running

CalendarServer trac at macosforge.org
Fri Nov 14 03:29:56 PST 2008

#306: Conflict in custom Twisted branches/dav-acl-1608-4 prevents CalendarServer
from running
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
  Reporter:  s.marechal at jejik.com  |       Owner:  wsanchez at apple.com
      Type:  Defect                |      Status:  new
 Component:  Twisted               |    Severity:  Serious
Resolution:                        |    Keywords:
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Comment(by agx at sigxcpu.org):

 Replying to [comment:5 s.marechal@…]:
 > You do. It's right here: http://packages.debian.org/lenny/calendarserver
 >
 > It suffers the same problem as the one I reported here, but Debian
 worked around it by simply conflicting with Twisted as a whole. That means
 I can't run CalendarServer and another Twisted app on the same server. And
 that's why I installed the original upstream version to begin with.

 We're not conflicting on the whole twisted, merely on  python-twisted-web2
 and python-twisted-runner and we only ship these parts taking the rest
 from the twisted Debian package. The main reason is that if we ship the
 whole twisted we've got twice the security work and unexpectes side
 effects like the one you encountered. So nothing should really be stopping
 you from running another twisted app.

 I'm not saying it's an ideal solution but probably the best we get until
 calendarserver catched up with upstream.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/306#comment:9>
CalendarServer </>