[CalendarServer-dev] memory usage

Marko Bauhardt mb at datameer.com
Fri Jun 8 00:39:06 PDT 2012

Hi Andre

> Out of curiosity, what OS is your server, and how much memory is installed?
>
> In diagnosing this problem (you're not the first to see it), we've been able to determine that the OS X memory allocator behaves differently from Linux's, and the difference is amplified by our specific pattern of memory usage. It's quite an interesting state of affairs, probably worthy of a nice blog post some day...
>
> -dre

Thanks for some more comments.

We are using a Mac OS X Server Lion 10.7.4 (11E53) running on a Mac Pro (2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 8GB RAM).

we are using the osx server incl caldav in a commercial environment and this issue is very very critical for us. Would be nice if we get any information/hint regarding this problem.
So looks like, we have this problem since version 10.7.4. but we are not 100% sure.

Let me know if you need more information, debug loggings or whatever you need to find the reason why we are running out of memory.

Many Thanks
Marko